Photo by Suzzycue
This long weekend is Canada's 150 Birthday :) A gazebo is a nice way to stay out of the weather on this long weekend :)
We owned and operated a campground in Goderich for 21 Years. Here are a few Camping hacks that I remember !
- A cotton ball dipped in Vaseline will ignite a fire without fumes from liquid starters.
- Wet your marshmallow sticks before using them for roasting hot dogs or marshmallows.
- If you slice the ends of your hot dogs, into four sections lengthwise on the ends of the wieners , when you cook them over the fire you will get a spider hot dog and your kids will love it :) Then pull off the legs and dip them in mustard. Yum!
- Use a cooler with hot water in it to cook your corn. Simply shut the lid and it will cook.
- Never put salt in the water in a pot not boiled... It will put holes in the pot.
- Add corn starch to those shake and bake packages for a lot more crunch on your BBQ chicken. Corn starch will also stop itch from poison ivy, a good thing for the first aid box.
- Meat tenderizer on a bee sting will immediately take the sting from the wound.
- Vinegar mixed with water in a spray bottle will cool a sunburn on your body.
- Dish soap and water sprayed on bees will stop them from flying. The soap makes their wings too heavy.
- Put your dish water from your dish pan on the trees where you camp. This is an excellent fertilizer.
- Most of all stay safe and enjoy the weekend with friends and family :) Happy Canada's Birthday everyone