Friday, May 12, 2017

Frugal Crispy Lettuce Tip


Photo by Suzzycue
This lettuce crisper idea, my friend” Marylou” taught me and I have used it for years 🙂
The lettuce you are looking at, came from the marked down pile of vegetables that I shop for last week. It was 99 cents. I peeled off the few top brown leaves, rinsed it all off, then I leave it in the dish rack to dry.
When it has dried off a bit… I shake the remaining water off and start to stack it in this plastic box.
 You can use any plastic box , with a lid ,you have, or even a large zip-lock bag. I put a paper towel on the bottom ,then add lettuce for one layer, paper towel again, lettuce and always finish with a paper towel on the top.
 When, you use the lettuce, take the top, wet paper towel out, dry it on the oven handle and put it back in after it dries. Repeat as you eat the lettuce.
Even though I bought this lettuce on it’s way out, I can keep it fresh and like new ,in this box for up to a week or more. It is always crisp and ready to use. I love this frugal-tip that will save you money:)
Thank you all for reading and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment