Friday, May 12, 2017

Keeping Cool Tips

 FRUGAL LIFE HACKS
Photo by Suzzycue
This was this year’s longest day of the year shouting…  Summer has Started. The sun was still present as the moon arrived, causing this beautiful side effect. I love it and wanted to share. Enjoy:) and share if you wish!
Since this Summer Solstice has come and gone, we have experienced exceptional hot days through July. We had three solid weeks of hot, muggy temperatures in the 90’s and over.
I tried to stay cool by splashing water on my arms and sitting in front of the fan. This did give me some relief. I am trying not to run the air-conditioner because I am unemployed at the moment. It also gives the grid some relief if I don’t run it. I remember one summer in 2006 that the grid crashed and we were without electric for three full days. I was working in a factory cafeteria at the time and we were afraid the meat would go bad in the freezers. Luckily it came back on and most people cooked what was thawed in their freezers and just refroze it again or ate it all 🙂 The Hot- dog wagon on an uptown street corner was doing great. Since, I live in an Apartment and am not allowed a BBQ that is where I ate.
One of the best keep cool tips, I used, when I was in Florida, was to wet one of those blue or red handkerchiefs  we wore in the seventies(yes I am an old Hippie and still have mine:) ).  Then roll it up and put it in  the freezer.  After it freezes tie it around your neck. This will melt leaving you much cooler than not wetting it. I also used to wear them dry and when they get wet from you sweating they keep you cool too.
Stay cool and thanks for reading:)

No comments:

Post a Comment