Saturday, October 21, 2017

Upcycled Sweat Pant Chair Pads

Photo by Suzzycue When my Grandfather died I couldn't throw away his favorite aqua-blue sweat pants that he wore almost everyday. I loved to go to my Grandparents home. When you walked into their home, you could smell the homemade soup simmering on the back burner of their stove. Poppa always had a meal ready for you to eat whenever you came to visit with a hot cup of tea. While you were warming up, enjoying your soup, on a blistery winter day ,Poppa entertained with some stories of his life. He told the same stories over and over and we would kind of get tired of hearing them. What,wouldn't I give today, for a bowl of his soup, and to hear his laughter, in his voice ,telling his story, as he told it to me, one more time:) I can remember some of them but it is not the same:( I used to wear his sweat shirt and pants for a while after her died. It was comforting. Then I decided to cut the sweat suit up into strips and braided them into long ropes. I laid it out into a circle on the floor and loosely sewed them into a circle (Seen in the photo) I have them on my patio furniture, on my balcony, and think of Poppa everyday that I put them out on the chairs. This keeps his memories and stories alive for me. God Bless You Poppa I will always keep you near me in my heart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment