Monday, November 13, 2017

One Pot Chicken Cacciatore Recipe

All Photos by Suzzycue I watch a lot of #RachaelRay shows and I have for many years. The show last week about cooking a spaghetti dinner , by throwing raw spaghetti noodles in the bottom of your roasting pan and coming out good... made me a real skeptic. The rule of thumb, is to boil the noodles, in the biggest pot you own and put in enough salt, in the water, to taste like the ocean. The bigger the pot, the better, then you pour the noodles into a strainer, over a sink to get the water off, saving one cup of the starchy water to bind the sauce to the noodles after you add it all to the pan of sauce on the stove. So my curiosity was up and I had to give it a try. My thoughts were that, all the starch from the noodles, would make the dish one gummy mess :(
I shook my head as I laid the raw spaghetti noodles on the bottom of the roasting pan. On top of the raw noodles I added ,chopped green beans, 4 halved brussel sprouts, 6 garlic toes smashed,a few hot chilly peppers I had in olive oil, and one chopped green pepper, s/p and fresh oregano, thyme, and chives that I grow myself. I put the raw skinless chicken legs ,attached to thighs, right on top of it all and poured the tomato sauce, over the top of everything in the roasting pan. This is my own recipe for this dish. I then put it into a pre-heated 350 degree oven and roasted it for two hours. I was scared to look at what it would become.
Well... I will tell you it was the best #chicken-Cacciatore I have ever made. The noodles didn't even stick to the pan. I guess there was enough juice from the chicken legs and the vegetables to cook them. The starch and the fat from the chicken legs made a rich, thick tomato sauce that really stuck onto the spaghetti noodles. The chicken legs were moist and cooked through perfect which is important. YUM... just the way I love it. Throw everything into the pot and two hours later you have dinner... this is my kind of cooking :) A big thanks to Rachael Ray for this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment