Saturday, November 4, 2017

One Pot Thanksgiving Dinner Scalloped Potatoes and Ham

Photos by Suzzycue Thanksgiving is one of my Favorite Holidays... no presents :) I think we should take the time to enjoy this Holiday and give Thanks for all our Blessings. If we don't celebrate the Holidays, then it gives some people, like ME :) ,nothing to look forward to and that is not good. That is what this #Frugal one pot #Thanksgiving-Dinner is all about. A friend of mine asked me over ,to help clean out her freezer, and gave me a chunk of ham she wasn't going to use. Driving back to Stratford , I decided to stop in at Walmart and see what, was, their, leftover dollar bags of veggies, I could use with this ham. I found about five pounds of potatoes and decided to make scalloped potatoes and ham for Thanksgiving dinner. Then, I thought... since I am older, I have trouble with dairy products( #Lactose intolerance) so, I bought some cream of mushroom soup to use, instead of all that milk, ( would be 2 cups if you used milk and a dab of butter) and found a dollar box of mushrooms to add also.
Here is the One pot Thanksgiving dinner recipe, depending on the size of the baking dish you use: 6 new potatoes sliced as thin as you can, 1 onion sliced thin,slice all the mushrooms thin, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 teaspoon of cornstarch, salt and pepper to your taste. and of course the star of the show, is the chunk of ham thinly sliced. Then you alternate the ingredients, as you stack them, in rows, until the pan is full. Open the can of mushroom soup and pour over the top of everything. While cleaning the mushroom soup can out with 1/2 can of water mix in, the teaspoon of cornstarch, and pour it on top adding salt and pepper. Cover the dish with foil,Bake for 90 minutes and I shared this dish with the lady that give me the ham and her neighbors. The four of us had a great celebration with a great one pot Thankdgiving dish. Please try this at home :)
Cooking Tip for this recipe You can use any kind of cream soup for this recipe. they are all good. If you use cream of chicken ,then put chicken in the dish. If you use cream of celery then add celery to this dish and so on. I added extra mushrooms because I used cream of mushroom soup Delicious :) Here are some more frugal, easy, great recipes you might like to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment