Thursday, December 14, 2017

Portobello Mushroom Burger

Check this out a yummy #portobello mushroom burger with all the tasty drippings of a hamburger with a lot less calories. Taste,is what, I was really after but saving a few calories won't hurt me either :) I didn't even miss the meat. Why did I try this, because two big mushroom caps were on sale for a $1.00 yesterday at walmart's vegetable bargain rack. So I brought them home and cleaned off a bit of soggy bad part, do not wash a portobello mushroom because they will end up a black mess in your hand... I found out the hard way. You can wipe them off with a towel, like you do other mushrooms because if you rinse them with water they become tough.Then you scrap out all the black ribs found on the underside of the mushroom. How to Cook : I fried it skin side up in butter in my cast iron frying pan. Then I tossed in the pan, fresh spinach to wilt, s/p. I flipped the big mushroom cap over and melted old cheddar cheese on the top. I had no buns so I toasted bread. Then I piled on mayo, portobello mushroom cap with cheese and topped it with the wilted spinach. Oh man... if you love mushrooms like I do you need to try this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment