Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Battered Mushrooms

Photo by Suzzycue I love battered mushrooms but in the winter time my extra spending money goes to heat my apartment. So I was wondering how to make them as good at home for half the cost. I saw frozen mushrooms in a ten dollar bags at No-Thrills grocery store but I only wanted one order and didn't want the rest to sit in my freezer taking up space. I need the freezer space when other food sales catch my eye :) or my taste buds. I bought a box of fresh mushrooms for $1.47 and a bag of Bisquick (powdered buttermilk biscuits) for a buck. Thinking this might work, I did the directions on the package of Bisquick and dropped the mushrooms in to coat them on all sides. I gently laid the coated mushrooms on a screen rack over a cookie sheet so they could crisp up, on all sides ,without sticking and losing some of the coating when I pulled them off to eat :) I then filled my retro muffin pan up with the leftover batter so as not to waste anything. I preheated the oven to 350 degrees and baked everything for fifteen minutes and what a treat. I loved them. I must admit that the ones at the restarants are a little bit crunchier but the flavor I was looking for, was there, with the bonus of the buttermilk bisuits on the side YUM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment