Wednesday, January 31, 2018

15 Minute hors d'oeuvres Battered Zucchini Sticks

Photo by Suzzycue Did Friends show up unexpected and you need food in a hurry? Try these hord'oeuvres with ranch dipping sauce. There is battered zucchini, battered mushrooms, and buttermilk biscuits with chopped zucchini inside. YUM :) I chopped the zucchini in slim sticks about a 1/4 inch thick and 2 inches long. I had a 1/2 bag of bisquick buttermilk biscuit mix and didn't think it was enough ,to do the job, so I added a cup of cornmeal to the mix. Then I stirred in 1/2 cup of liquids milk, and water together. I always love to add spices to the batter and in went garlic powder S/P and rosemary I crunched up in my hands. You can be very neat with this job but I dropped the zucchini ,in the mixture ,until covered ,than lined them up on a greased cookie sheet. The leftover batter in the bowl, I added small chopped zucchini and put it into my muffin tin for biscuits. Baked everything at the same time, 15 minutes in a pre-heated 450 degree oven and presto, battered veggies that still have a crunch but are cooked entirely through. The biscuits were awesome also. I did try this recipe before without the cornmeal but found with it... it was crunchier, the way I love this dish :) Cooking tip: to reheat these zucchini sticks, paint a little butter on the top and put back in the oven for five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment