Monday, May 15, 2017

Frugal Family Recipes Pizza

BY    QUICK FRUGAL TIPS FOR FOOD

Photo by Suzzycue
We all love takeout pizza 🙂  You can make it yourself at home and have the same take out flavor for half the cost. This pizza was made with a pita. I covered the bottom of the pita with olive oil before I laid it on the oven rack. This will make it crispy and delicious.) Then I put the toppings on. This is a good way to clean out the leftovers in the fridge.
I use any spaghetti sauce that I have in the cupboard, Mozzarella cheese in chunks (I drop around the pizza)spinach, fresh tomato slices, sliced mushrooms, onions . Then sprinkle a little more olive oil on the top. That is the trick to fabulous pizza. Put the rack and pizza in the oven on the third rack and bake for 10 minutes . When the cheese is melted and the bottom has  browned up, take it out, wait to slice it( a few minutes). Then enjoy 🙂
This pizza is Frugal and a fun way to spice up your pizza night with your kids. You can let them make their own any way they want.  If you would like to see my other Frugal recipes they are listed here. Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment