Thursday, June 15, 2017

Frugal Do It Yourself Bedroom Decorating

A lot of my decorating in my Apartment is from found objects. I usually pick treasures up while driving around ,doing my chores.

Wow. What amazing results.
Photos by Suzzycue
Someone will put objects on the curb for free that I find or I have tried dumpster diving but I'm getting a bit old for that.
 You don't have to go right in the dumpster, people put the good stuff, beside the dumpster.  For some reason they can't seem to throw it away, if they think somebody can use it.  This is a great idea:)
 My bedroom you see here is all done in blues. The can of Country Blue paint I bought at a yard sale for 50 cents. I painted only the wall behind the bed. The bedspread... I made from patches of old blue jeans and sewed them onto a navy blue Martha Stewart sheet, I bought from a thrift shop for a dollar.
On the side table, is a lamp I found at the thrift store for $3.00 that I painted ,the shade blue, to match. Yes you can paint the shades instead of trying to find one to match the color of the room. The side table a friend gave to me instead of throwing it away.   I  painted the doors blue and the tile ,I put on the top ,came from another friends swimming pool, that was left over when they were finished with the pool. A Frugal Lifestyle can be fun when ,you decorate from your imagination, and stamp your personality into your living space.This looks great don't you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment